I started my vegan compassion journey as a rebellious child trying to say no to the compulsory meat component to dinner. Understandably, It didn’t go so well.
I failed to find my path in my teens.
My twenties were a traumatic roller coaster of yo-yo food swings.
My thirties didn’t start off too well either.
So why bother? Failing to find alignment has been anything but fun. But here I am 33 years old with a trail of “failures” and a long list of reasons why being vegan and why even trying to be vegan really sucks.
But here I am. Despite everything, I have the same dream of living a kind life still pulsing through my veins.
And despite all the trauma of trying to find alignment and failing, I have fallen more and more in love with compassionate vegan food every year!
And that’s why I bother! Because there is just soooooo much to love!!
Here’s my love list:
- When I am vegan, compassion blossoms in my life in beautiful and unexpected ways.
- My inner child feels happy and free to love
- It feels kind and that feels soothing
- Vegan food is colourful and bright
- I am part of a passionate community
- I feel happy about the businesses and industries I support
- I am being part of the solution
- I feel healthier
- I feel lighter
- It reduces stress
- It reduces shame
- It reduces guilt
- I feel good about the ripple effect of my life and choices
- It is budget friendly
- I love supporting plant farmers
- I love the smell of plant food cooked or raw
- It honours my love of environment
- I love sustainability and by doing eating only plants, I honour my inner activist in a meaningful way
- I feel at peace with my consumption choices
- My heart is open
- My heart is happy
- I believe in change and have faith in humanity and our collective future
- It creates conditions for happiness to grow
- Food digests better, I smell better
- More aspects of decision free living comes in
- I fall asleep happy with my daily choices
- I feel more enthusiastic about life
- It gives me hope and a better headspace for meditation.
- It creates other healthy ripple effects
- It makes shopping choices clearer and easier
- I feel proud of my actions
- It is humbling which makes me more accepting of others
- I feel more content and confident in who I am.